Hello little traveler!
Sonia & Wojtek here. We are digital nomads, slow travelers, and travel bloggers. We didn’t leave everything behind and went on a journey of a lifetime with all our savings. Instead of this, we decided that we will combine working & traveling and… we really like it!
You can call us slowmads as deep, slow, and meaningful travel experiences are what we are into. We also consciously choose quality over quantity – we don’t count the number of countries we’ve been to because for us it’s not the essence of traveling.
How did it all start?
We’ve waited for quite a long time for a moment to be able to leave Poland and become digital nomads. Our first “go date” was set for 2020 but you know what happened that year. So we were forced to wait a little longer. But finally, in the summer of 2021, we packed our lives, left our comfort zone, and slowly rushed into the unknown.
Until that time we traveled only a few times a year – from short weekend city breaks to maximum two-weeks trips. Quite soon we realized that we don’t want to see the world in a hurry. We want to wander, explore, get to know different countries, observe and soak in the local culture. All of that at our pace, on our rules, and especially not limited by the number of free days at work or the schedule of organized trips.
We would like to inspire you to explore what our big, beautiful world has to offer. On this website, you’ll find useful travel guides, posts about slow traveling, and digital nomads’ life. All that is enhanced with travel photography by Sonia, and videos by Wojtek. Oh yeah, we also have a newsletter if you’d like to stick around for longer.
And finally… five random fun facts about each of us!
- She is a HUGE Harry Potter fan
- Most people buy fridge magnets as souvenirs, she buys mascots or bracelets
- Her favorite food is Korean food, which of course tastes best while watching k-dramas
- She left her heart somewhere in the UK and have to come back there often to find it
- She’s not that easy going with people, but with her best friends she can be very talkative
WOJTEK (read as Voitech)
- Self claimed, sleeping, binary movie critic – if he falls asleep during the movie it’s not worth watching.
- Owned the same amount of German and Japanese cars so Supra MKV would seem like an ideal choice but nah… Practicality and economy wins. At least as of now.
- Fan of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1ed but the last session he had was so long ago that he forgot how much he liked it.
- He sometimes thinks too much. Even this list needed to be thought over many times.
- Many people say that he has an ominous look but in reality it isn’t that bad.
That’s all for now, see you on the road! ✌️