Grab a swimsuit and enjoy the water, sun and fine sand on the best beaches in Catalonia!
Bienvenidos a España, the land of fiestas, siestas, colorful festivals, vibrant nightlife, tapas, churros, paellas, delicious wines, and friendly people… But it’s also a land of amazing and diverse landscapes ranging from stunning beaches and scenic coastlines to mighty mountains, small charming towns to big modern cities, and world-famous architectural landmarks like Alhambra of Granada, Sagrada Família in Barcelona or Royal Palace in Madrid. Believe us, Spain is impressive 365 days a year, and very easily fall in love with.
Spain is the 4th largest country in Europe and is divided into 17 autonomous regions each of which is very different, varying in landscapes, culture, history, traditions, and sometimes even languages. The most popular regions among travelers are Catalonia, Andalusia, Valencia, Basque Country, and Galicia. You could spend years exploring Spain and still have a lot to discover.
Capital: Madrid Official language: Spanish (although in some regions you’ll come across local languages like Catalan, Basque, Galician, or Valencian) Currency: Euro €
Fun Facts About Spain
- Spain is home to the world’s biggest tomato fight - La Tomatina, which takes place in the town of Buñol in the Valencian Community, every year on the last Wednesday of August.
- The Basque language, spoken in the Basque Country and Navarre, is considered one of the world's most unique and difficult languages, with no known linguistic relatives.
- Spain’s highest mountain, Mount Teide (3718m a.s.l), is located in Tenerife on the Canary Islands and is an active volcano.
- Spain is the 4th country in the World with the largest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites - there are 49 of them!
- Spain is the only European country to have a land border with an African country. Well, not exactly its mainland part but its autonomous city Ceuta. It’s in North Africa and shares a border with Morocco.
- The tooth fairy in Spain is… a mouse and is called Ratoncito Pérez.
- After France, Spain is the second most popular tourist destination in the world!
Explore Provinces We've Seen So Far In Spain
Discover All Posts From Spain
Discover 15+ stunning towns and natural sites near Valencia and explore this beautiful Spanish region.
Adventure awaits! If you are in Barcelona check out these great places perfect for a day trip from the city.
Check out awesome ideas for trips near Tarragona.
If you are in Barcelona check out these destinations perfect for a day trip!
Discover Europe’s best-preserved Jewish quarters, Eiffel bridge, colorful houses and more!