Fonts de l’Algar / Les Fonts d’Algar, or The Algar Waterfalls, is a very picturesque nature reserve with a walking path among waterfalls, springs, and natural pools. Waterfalls are located only about 25km from Benidorm, and 15km from Guadalest, which you can also visit on the same day and make it a full day trip. The surrounding landscape is the result of the karst process on the limestone. In 2002 Fonts de l’Algar was declared a Protected Water Area.
If you’re staying on the Costa Blanca, visiting Fonts de l’Algar will be a great alternative to yet another day at the beach or by the pool. Come, let’s discover spectacular Fonts de l’Algar waterfalls.
Discover spectacular Fonts d’Algar waterfalls
In Fonts de l’Algar you’ll walk about 1.5km along the banks of the river Algar. During that time you’ll discover spectacular waterfalls, springs, as well as pools in which you can take a refreshing bath in crystal, cold waters. Water is cold even on warm, sunny days – so don’t forget about that and get ready. If you’re not into dipping into the cold water you can just sit and relax with the sound of waterfalls in the background.
Fonts de l’Algar useful information
- there are various tourist services in the area, like parkings, toilets, or picnic area
- eating only allowed in the picnic area
- wear comfortable sports shoes, it’ll be easier for you to navigate the path
- if you plan on taking a dip don’t forget to take your swimsuit, towel, and water shoes, so you won’t hurt your feet with the stones
- keep in mind that Fonts de l’Algar is located in the valley and it’s mostly shaded so you may need some kind of a hoodie
- on sunny days take sunscreen and a hat to be protected from the sun in places where it is available
- dogs are allowed on leads, except during high season (mid-June to mid-September)
On the way to the entrance, you can find some small shops selling local products. We recommend buying one made of nispero, a fruit that is grown locally.
Fonts de l’Algar ticket prices depend on the season. You can check them HERE.
Fonts de l’Algar opening hours also depend on the season. You can check them HERE.
How to get to Algar waterfalls near Benidorm?
You can get to Fonts de l’Algar by car, which is definitely the easiest way. You can also choose a bus or taxi.
There are several parking lots in the Fonts d’Algar area, so you shouldn’t have problems with finding a place for your car. There’s only one free parking, about 600m from the entrance, right next to the Tourists Office. It’s quite small so if you don’t want to pay, go there first thing in the morning.
As you can see, Les Fonts d’Algar is a beautiful spot where nature is at its finest. Waterfalls, springs, natural pools, and crystalline waters make the Fonts d’Algar a trip that you can’t miss. Wish you a great time while discovering spectacular Fonts de l’Algar waterfalls.
Where to eat near Fonts de l’Algar waterfalls?
There are 5 restaurants right next to the Fonts d’Algar:
- Restaurante El Algar de Don Joan (4.3 / 1084 reviews)
- Restaurante les Fonts (4.0 / 204 reviews)
- Restaurante El Valle (3.9 / 362 reviews)
- Restaurante Casa Marcos (3.8 / 350 reviews)
- Restaurante la Cascada Casa Federico (3.7 / 183 reviews)
As we mentioned before, there is also a picnic area so you can bring your own food and enjoy it with stunning views over Puig Campana.
Where to sleep near Fonts de l’Algar waterfalls?
Here are some places in very close proximity to waterfalls:
- Camping Fonts de l’Algar
- Boutique Hotel Finca el Tossal (Adults Only)
- Casa del Paso
- Ca Àngela
- Can Elisa
- Casa rural “Ca Robert